Wednesday 3 February 2010

Lacy, Chunky, Cardigan

I have found it a challenge to find crochet patterns for nice, light cardigans that also flatter when worn and so have found myself returning to this one time and time again. This is the 3rd time I have made this cardigan, and as all were made using very different yarns and colours, they have all turned out differently. The pattern is called Chevron Lace Cardigan, and is published on 'Without Seams' blog (very inspiring and talent soaked!). I found it via Ravelry, it's probably the most popular cardigan pattern on Ravelry, and no wonder as it is such a breeze to make. It's a top-down style pattern which means the garment is made in one complete piece , top downwards.

I had planned to make this one longer in length and in the sleeves, but unfortunately ran out of yarn, but I reckon it'll still come in use for layer, wearing on top of dresses etc..

Oh, yes and the sun was shining today when I took these photos - Bliss! roll on Springtime (of course we need the Snow to melt first!) and new cardigans!!!

2 comments:

Jill Bennett said...

lovely photos elaine, will be a great holiday cardy, i love the one you made me.

Heather said...

Well done, what a fab colour it is, you must be so chuffed :)