Thursday 17 September 2009

On the Round....Stool Cosy



In-keeping with the round theme, whilst watching 'The Tudors' last Friday night I knocked out, using lovely thick cotton yarn a 'stool cosy' to brighten up my rather drab bathroom and to keep my little ones bottoms warm during teeth cleaning duty.
Using only single crochet, I gradually increased each round until I had reached the desired size of my stool (around 130 stitches.) I then decreased quickly to create a smalled diameter. The finished item was then stretched over the stool, and tied with extra yarn underneath to prevent any small fingers pulling it off.
I have to admit I am enjoying the simplicity of the dense single crochet stitch and have been mesmerised by the 'pinwheel' pattern I am finding in the rounds.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Gorgeous, well done you. xx