Friday 15 May 2009

Dresser Love

I never thought I was a dresser type of person, too twee for my taste - that was until I was awe struck at the sight of a friends dresser, bought for a bargain at a thrift shop, and painted with lovely 'Farrow and ball' egg shell paint - I had to have one!! So the quest began - checking our local furniture charity shop on a regular basis - nothing for weeks, months...until one Thursday afternoon I hit the jackpot.....

Horribly dated, with that orangy pine look, but after a bit of a sand down, 2 coats of undercoat and 2 coats of paint, I couldn't be more pleased.

1 comment:

Heather said...

It looks soooo fantastic!!! What a brilliant photo - the greenery outside, the colours inside... love it! Yay dressers! Mine will definitely be getting the sand and paint treatment when we have the space to have it around again.